Monday, January 19, 2009

God's Silence

Tonight I was reading in my "Experiencing God" book. The subject was the silence of God. Have you ever asked God for something and He is silent. I have. We have a wonderful six year old grandson. I love this child more than my own life. And we wanted more wonderful little grandbabies to cuddle and love on and have fun with. And so did my son and daughter-in-law. Four pregnancies ended suddenly even though we prayed and prayed that the babies would survive. It was impossible to understand how God could allow it to happen. And I don't guess I will ever understand it. I still weep over it, especially over little Evan who was born alive but whose little lungs were not developed enough to allow him to live long.

But in my study tonight, Blackaby says that one of the reasons God is silent is that He is getting ready to reveal Himself in a way that we have never experienced Him before. That he has something better for us than what we are asking for. I'm not saying that anything could be better than one of those little ones surviving. But what I am saying is that we would never have gotten this if they had:









And I can't imagine our lives without Mikey. So thank you, God, for this precious gift.





No comments: