Sunday, February 01, 2009

Busy, Busy, Busy

We have been busy lately and the next week will be also. In fact, the next month will be busy. I work 30 hours a week, which some people might think isn't much. And I know it is part-time. I leave for work at 7:40 and get home around 5:00. I come home after work and ride the exercise bike for 30 minutes. And I mean a vigorous ride. The bike registers at least nine miles when I am finished. Then I shower because I have really worked up a sweat after that. Then get us something to eat and this isn't hard work because we don't eat a lot at night. On Tuesdays, the grandchildren come over in the evening while their parents have date night. We enjoy those times with them. On Wednesdays, I usually work half a day. That afternoon is usually spent either going to the doctor, dentist, lab work, hair appts., or grocery shopping. I try to schedule all my medical stuff on Wednesday afternoons. On Thursdays, our older grandson comes to spend the night with us. On Friday, we get up early, take him to school then pick up his little brother. He spends the day with us. We take him home at 3:00 then go to pick up his brother at school. He comes home with us for a while until his dad picks him up when he gets home from work. The week is kind of a whirlwind. On Saturdays, we catch up with the housework, outside work, laundry, etc.

Tomorrow Donald is leaving town to go to a training event up near Conroe. That means I will have the boys by myself. Because of some things my son and his wife have going on, both boys are coming to spend the night on Wednesday night. I will take Jackson to school on Thursday and take Mikey to his Granny's for the day. I will go to work but leave early to pick Jackson up from school. Then pick up Mikey and take them back home with me. Donald will be home that evening so he will be able to help out if he isn't wiped out. The boys will spend Thursday night with us as well. Then Friday will be our typical Friday with the boys. It is looking to be more of a tornado week.

Later in the month, we have our annual retreat that we do for our pastors and staff and their wives. It is Thursday through Saturday so our kids will have to find other arrangements for the children. From the retreat, we will go straight to the airport to fly to Savannah, GA. A good friend of ours is being commissioned by the North American Mission Board and we want to be there. So we will be in Savannah from Saturday through Tuesday. I am really looking forward to it. I am hoping we get to eat at Lady and Sons (Paula Deen's restaurant). If not, I know we will eat something good.

Well I know I have rambled on long enough. And I guess I need to go find out who is ahead in the Superbowl. But I can't leave without posting pictures of the boys. So here they are.


2 comments:

Beej said...

I can't help but see that you seem to have Monday after work free. I'd just like to offer MY children to you for Monday evenings as they would truly enjoy hanging out with fun people at least one day out of the week.

Just an idea.

*muwah*

debbie said...

You know what? If that would mean that you would be dropping them off and picking them up and we could sit and have a cup of coffee and just visit, bring them on! Jackson could bring the wii over and they could have a great time. That is, if Donald would give up the FoxNews channel for the evening. He is really pretty good about that with the children. So yeah, let's do it!